o.UP NEXTBlue Jays.: RHP Marcus Strom | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xf
xf Oct 12
ST. Keith Yandle Panthers Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Marcus Stroman made two strong starts at Tampa Bay during the first month of the season. His third one Friday night wasnt nearly as good.Stroman allowed four runs over six innings as the AL East-leading Toronto Blue Jays lost 8-3 to the Rays.My stuff feels as sharp as its been all year, Stroman said. Its just frustrating not getting the results I want to get.Stroman (9-6) went eight innings -- giving up a combined four runs -- in each of two road victories over the Rays, coming on April. 3 and on May 1.At the end of the day Ive got to keep my team in it, Stroman said. I just didnt do my job.Alex Cobb went five solid innings during his first start in two years and Logan Morrison hit a go-ahead two-run homer for Tampa Bay.Cobb, coming back from Tommy John surgery last year, allowed two runs and four hits in his first appearance since Sept 28, 2014, at Cleveland. He struck out seven -- six looking -- walked one and retired his final 10 batters.He might have looked a little rusty early but its been a while since hes been in the big leagues, and hes always been one of the better competitors in the game, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. He knows how to survive.Morrison put the Rays up 4-2 in sixth on his 12th homer off Stroman. Luke Maile hit a solo homer and Kevin Kiermaier had an RBI triple off Francisco Liriano before Brad Miller added a two-run shot against Ryan Tepera in a four-run seventh that made it 8-2.All three batters Liriano faced in his first relief appearances with Toronto after four starts scored.I dont think you ever judge anybody on one outing, Gibbons said. I dont think thats fair to anybody. Hes a guy were going to need so weve got to keep him working.Edwin Encarnacion had an RBI double and Russell Martin picked up his 22nd RBI in his last 16 games on an infield single as the Blue Jays went up 2-0 in the first.Eddie Gamboa, a 31-year old knuckleballer, made his major league debut and loaded the bases on a single and two walks in the eighth before departing with one out. The Blue Jays were able to score just once on Troy Tulowitzkis grounder off Brad Boxberger.Danny Farquhar (1-0) worked a scoreless sixth for the win.MOVING DAYBlue Jays: 2B Devon Travis, optioned to Bluefield on Thursday to make room for the signing of C Josh Thole, was recalled from the Appalachian League club. ... Tepera, RHP Danny Barnes, and OFs Darrell Ceciliani and Dalton Pompey were recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. ... LHP Matt Dermody had his contract purchased from Buffalo and INF Matt Dominguez was designated for assignment. ... OF Quintin Berry signed a minor league contract and might be called up next week.BULLPEN DUTYGibbons said theres a good chance youll probably see Liriano start again a couple times this month.WELCOME BACKThere was a video tribute on the scoreboard for Toronto Of Melvin Upton Jr., who played at Tropicana Field for the first time since his final game with Tampa Bay on Oct. 3, 2012. It was pretty cool, Upton said. I appreciated that a lot.UP NEXTBlue Jays RHP Marco Estrada (8-6) starts Saturday night against Rays rookie LHP Blake Snell (4-7), who left Sundays game at Houston with a bruised lower left leg. Roberto Luongo Panthers Jersey Authentic . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. Henrik Borgstrom Panthers Jersey Authentic . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.hockeypanthersauthority.com/customized-c-3/ . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. PHOENIX -- Edwin Encarnacion had a good time in Chase Field again on Tuesday night.The Toronto slugger hit a three-run home run to give Aaron Sanchez all the support he needed in the Blue Jays 5-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks.Encarnacion has hit nine home runs in seven games in Arizona.I see the ball real well, he said through an interpreter. I feel comfortable in this ballpark. ... Maybe its the hitters eye. Its really big. Its a green wall over there. Maybe its that, I dont know.The first time he came up against Arizonas Zack Godley he flied out on a curveball.I just missed it the first at-bat so I was looking for it in my second at-bat, Encarnacion said. I didnt miss it that time.Sanchez (10-1), pitching on nine days rest other than an inning in the All-Star Game, allowed a run and scattered six hits in seven innings to improve to 9-0 in his last 15 starts. He struck out five with no walks and hit two batters.He threw the heck out of the ball, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said, and we knew it going in. He is an All-Star. His sinker is as good as anybodys.Asked if it took some time for him to get back in the groove after so long off, he said, I felt like it took a little bit.But its still pitching, Sanchez said. This is something that I do. So for me its just kind of going back to what got me there.With the seven innings, Sanchez is up to 125 1/3 for the season. Hes never pitched more than 133 1/3 innings in a season.He could be pulled from the rotation in the midst of a breakout season with his team in a pennant chase.If and when it happens were not going to be real popular, manager John Gibbons said. But it hasnt happened yet.Godley (2-1), called up from Triple-A Reno to make the start for Arizona, went five innings, giving up four runs, three earned, and six hits. He struck out seven and walked one.With the victory in the opener of a two-game interleague series, the Blue Jaays pulled within 1 1/2 games of first-place Baltimore in the AL East. Jason Demers Panthers Jersey. Josh Donaldson singled three times for Toronto, driving in a run and scoring another.Godley retired the first two batters in the third before singles by Devon Travis and Donaldson. That brought up Encarnacion, who hit Godleys 2-1 pitch into the seats in left field and Toronto led 3-1.Arizona had runners at second and third and one out in the third but Paul Goldschmidt grounded out to third and Jake Lamb flied out to center.Travis singled again in the fifth and raced to third when Godley threw wildly to first on a pickoff try. Travis came home on Donaldsons single and the Blue Jays were up 4-1.The Diamondbacks went ahead 1-0 in the first. Jean Segura led off with a single, stole second, took third on Michael Bourns groundout and scored when Goldschmidt bounced out to second.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: OF Jose Bautista (turf toe) is to make his first rehab appearance for Class-A Dunedin on Wednesday. He is to play three games for Triple-A Buffalo over the weekend and, Gibbons said, if all goes well he will rejoin the Blue Jays on Monday.Diamondbacks: OF David Peralta (lower back strain) was 1 for 6 with a double and RBI in his first two rehab games for Double-A Mobile. Hale said Peralta could rejoin the Diamondbacks next week. ... INF Chris Owings (plantar fasciitis in left foot) was 4 for 6 with a triple and two walks in two rehab games for Triple-A Reno.UP NEXTBlue Jays.: RHP Marcus Stroman (7-4, 4.89 ERA) takes the mound in a Wednesday afternoon game, the finale before the Jays head to Toronto for a nine-game homestand.Diamondbacks: LHP Patrick Corbin (4-8, 5.28) tries to bounce back from a rough start against the Dodgers in the last home game before Arizona embarks on a 10-game trip. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '