IndyCar and she will be a brilliant addition to Supercars.Chris | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Oct 12
After coming out of retirement to make a Super Bowl run with the Carolina Panthers last season, veteran cornerback Cortland Finnegan is back at it with the New Orleans Saints. Camo Titans Jerseys .Finnegan, 32, signed with New Orleans on Friday, according to a league source.The Saints have had injury issues at cornerback throughout the summer. However, veteran starter Keenan Lewis told ESPN that he intends to be close to 100 percent healthy by Week 1 and wants to avoid the short-term injured reserve list.Lewis, who has practiced only once during training camp while trying to recover from a lingering hip injury, said he doesnt want to rush back and never get fully healthy. He said that was the case last year, when he played in only six games with zero starts and had multiple surgeries on his hip.I dont want to be back on the field just to say, Hes out there. Im getting back to my form. If it takes a little time, then thats what its gotta be, said Lewis, who said his current injury is a strain, as opposed to the tear he suffered last year.Im gonna be back to the old Keenan real soon, said Lewis, who said he was compelled to speak up after seeing speculation on social media that he was injury-prone or might be done for the season. I just want to be to the point where I can play lock-down ball and I can last and not have major setbacks. ... I feel like players sometimes rush their situation. I tried that last year.Lewis also stressed that, even though they dont see me out there, that doesnt mean Im not working.Its unclear if the Saints agree with Lewis timetable or if theyre growing impatient and preparing for other options. But Lewis said he wont be helping himself or the team unless hes playing at 90 percent or above. And he doesnt want to be just a rotational backup.Im itching to pull the trigger on myself. But Ive got to be smart, Lewis said. If they want me to build my way back in, thats fine with me. But not at 60, 70 percent.I dont mind no competition. I dont care who they bring in.Finnegan offers a veteran option for the Saints, who have suddenly become extremely young at the cornerback position.Without Lewis, the Saints top five cornerbacks would be second-year pros Delvin Breaux, P.J. Williams and Damian Swann, plus undrafted rookies Ken Crawley and DeVante Harris.Williams, Crawley and Harris have been impressive this summer -- and Finnegan might have some trouble passing them up in the pecking order. But none of those three has ever played an NFL snap.Finnegan, 32, spent his first six seasons with the Tennessee Titans before playing with the St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins and Panthers. The 5-foot-10, 190-pounder has 19 career interceptions, including one in Carolinas playoff opener last season.Finnegan, who earned a reputation as one of the leagues dirtiest players in various national polls and articles early in his career, has always been feisty and physical -- as was infamously displayed in a 2010 fight with Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson.Finnegan mostly served as a slot cornerback in Carolina last season. The Saints interest in Finnegan was first reported by the NFL Network. Black Titans Jerseys . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Throwback Titans Jerseys . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. http://www.officialtitansnflauthenticshop.com/ . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Simona de Silvestro is set to become the first full-time female driver in Supercars in more than four decades after signing a three-year deal with organisers beginning in 2017.The 28-year-old Swiss driver debuted in the category as a wildcard at last years Bathurst 1000, and is set to return to Mount Panorama alongside Renee Gracie again next month with Nissan.It was such an incredible experience and I knew this could be a goal for the future, the former IndyCar and Formula E driver said on Tuesday.This is going to be my first full-time year with a closed top car and there a lot of new things for me to learn and adapt to.De Silvestro is yet to be linked to a team for next season, but Nissan appear to be the frontrunners.Supercars facilitated the deal, having helped secure sponsorship funding.De Silvestro finished 13th in the 2013 Indycar Series, and won four races in the 2009 Atlantic Championship to finish third overall.She was also an affiliated driver with the Sauber Formula One team iin 2014, and finished 40 laps off the pace at last years Bathurst after she and Gracie returned to the track following an early crash. Cheap Titans Jerseys. I am very respectful towards this new challenge but at the same time I am very excited about driving in such a competitive championship, she said.I cant wait to jump in the car to work towards getting the most out of these cars.Supercars chief executive James Warburton said it had always been a goal for the sport to attract a full-time female driver.This is an exciting announcement for the sport and a major coup for Supercars, Warburton said.Along with Danica Patrick and Sarah Fisher she is one of only three female drivers to have stood on the podium in IndyCar and she will be a brilliant addition to Supercars.Christine Gibson was the last full-time female driver in the series, ending her touring cars career in 1975. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '